Filter by Category
68-Hour Medication Aide
FCP- 68hr Medication Aide - ONLINE
with Teresa Mason, RN, CPhT
* Top Hat Software platform scheduled to start in February 2021
NOTE: ONLINE Access links are emailed weekdays ONLY
* Monday through Friday at 11am and 3pm ONLY
* No Exceptions - Please do not call nights or weekends
Learn online wherever it is convenient for you.
Access your class on your:
Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, or Smart Phone!
Dates: Monthly "Around the Clock"
* Online Portion of this class must be completed within 3-weeks
(21-days) from Date of Access Link confirmed receipt.
** Hands-on Skills to be completed "on the job" at an assisted living facility with trained nurse added to Fresh Start Healthcare approved program.
Twenty-Four (24) Hours of SKILLS & CLINICAL INSTRUCTION MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 60-days of ONLINE CLASS COMPLETION ...
PLEASE BE PROMPT WITH SCHEDULING.
The 68hr Medication Administration Course is a Virginia Board of Nursing approved program. The course instructs participants how to administer & assist a resident in self-administering medications, including blood sugar checks & insulin injections, in the assisted living environment.
There are 68 hours of training, consisting of 44 hours of ONLINE training and 24 hours of clinical training in an On-the-Job assisted living facility, to assist in Medication Management and Administration in assisted living facilities.
Certificate and Performance Record will be provided via email within 14 Business Days (count ONLY Monday through Friday non-holidays)
ONLY upon completing the course.
Students will be eligible to apply to the Virginia Board of Nursing ($50) and the examination at PSI ($70) to become a Registered Medication Aide (RMA).
A certificate of completion from one of the following:
- Virginia Department of Social Services approved 40hr Direct Patient Care program
- Virginia Medicaid approved 40hr Personal Care Assistant certificate
- Virginia Board of Nursing approved Nurse Aide certificate
- Please click on the following link for 18VAC90-60-60.
- Requirements for the program curriculum:
- Current PPD (TB) Test or Chest X-Ray ($25 to $45)
- Current Criminal Background Check from the Virginia State Police ($15 or more)
Assisted Living Facility Employer is required to perform PPD (TB) Test and Criminal Background Check for all new hires.